Thursday, August 4, 2011

FREE Dental Exam


Let me explain. We just worked the Reliant Energy Dog Show "Meet the Breed." I hauled almost 200 pounds of hound to this event @ 6:00 a.m. We filled the ring with people standing 3 and 4 deep to get a photo op, free squeeze, free kisses and pepper me with questions. I was so busy I never had an opportunity to get new pictures this year.

A child that stood out was a rowdy 4 year old, wild against his parents’ pleas for calming down. He thrust himself in front of my bloodhound, mouth wide open. As if in slow-motion, Juno never blinked or moved, but her long pink tongue shot into his mouth and did a clean swipe across his baby teeth. No need for dental cleaning for a while. This boy recoiled with the look of total violation. His parents folded into choking laughter, explaining had he approached her calmly, his meet-&-greet would have been a little less personal.

Bloodhounds are French, you know...


4 comments:

  1. Bloodhound kisses!! Bassets are french too. Heheh

    Slobbers,
    The CheeseHounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the 4 year old learned something?

    Sam

    http://howsamseesit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good dental experience!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a thrilling and surprising experience you have back there! I’m glad your little buddy behaved well inspite of all that. Good job buddy! You really look handsome and serious in your silky black fur. Anyway, I just stopped by take a quick visit. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone! Smile!

    Please visit My Webblog: PhD Jobs

    ReplyDelete