Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Cycle of Life

is much shorter if you happen to be a baby bird on the ground with three dogs. I will spare the gore, but let you know it was our pretty HoneyBelle that had a paw in baby blue jay's demise. The parent was squawking above our heads and by gosh she wasn't going to spit it out, drop it, leave it. The closer I got to trying to open her jaws the tighter she'd clamp, joyfully hopping and showing it off to Ruby. Ruby would get too close and a deep "eeeeeerrrrrrmmmpphhhhh" would growl from her chest. My damn bird, go get your own. She is all hound.

4 comments:

  1. Eeeewwwww, HoneyBelle! Lollololol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof! Woof! Oh! My! Hi There I'm Sugar ... Just found your blog. Good to meet you. Looking forward to your visit to my blog n be blog friends. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, HoneyBelle! We understand it was just a stuffee!
    We have been away on holiday and missed you so came over to say Hi.
    love
    Martha & Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps what happened to the corgi? Is he still with you?

    ReplyDelete